How much can a soul take before it breaks?
Anna Pierce has a vampire boyfriend, a driver's license, real friends for the first time since she was five, and now she faces one of her biggest challenges, senior year at a mostly all girls Catholic high school. Sure, she's a member of the talking crowd now, but she'll never be like everyone else. How can she when the first of her kind has camped out in her dreams?
Little dead girl Emily decides Anna's destiny can wait no longer. It's time for this generation's Touched girl to hunt. Trained in a virtual dream landscape to destroy all in her path, Anna must choose between her destiny, the one beat into her on a nightly basis, and her legacy, the one instilled in her by her parents.
Along the way, old enemies remain dutifully obsessed, new foes lurk in the shadows, and odd Little Duckie Anna Pierce sets out to be social.
Robyn's Top 10 Favorite Female Characters
10. Kinsey Millhone from the Sue Grafton mystery series
9. Mercy Thompson from the Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson werewolf series
8. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy (mostly from the first book when she blew me away with her fierceness)
7. Brenda Johnson from the television series The Closer
6. Starbuck a.k.a. Kara Thrace from Battlestar Galatica (the updated version)
5. Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galatica (the updated version)
4. Fiona Glennane from Burn Notice
3. Mary Poppins
2. Sofia played by Oprah in the movie version of The Color Purple
1. Helen Parr a.k.a. Elastigirl from The Incredibles
First thoughts after.....
How distracted did I get???
Soul Bender is a wonderful sequel that's heart wrenching and leaves you wanting more. I still love the two main characters however I LOVE the building of secondary characters in the series! They are very eccentric and fun to read. As usual I won't say much as to not ruin either book for you. I highly recommend both books in the series. I didn't want to put this story down for a second.
I give Soul Bender.......
Amazon = http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Bender-Touched-Series-ebook/dp/B00BSDSBJU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365476855&sr=8-2&keywords=soul+bender
I'm the mom of two hardcore boys. My oldest trained me to be matter-of-fact, no frills. My youngest wants the whole singsongy sweet package. Thank goodness for reading and writing because they are my sanity makers. I know life is all about the journey, that's why I like my fiction to be all about the destination. I want to be taken somewhere not here when I read, same goes with the stories I create. Thrills, chills, tears, and laughter, but there has to be something to hold on to at the end.
Twitter = https://twitter.com/robgirlbooks
a Rafflecopter giveaway